Sunday, August 24, 2008

Main pivot hole

Well the front tri is in Richards capable hands for the main pivot hole to be bored.
I needed a mill with a full size table and fixture to mount the triangle to and Rich had his fixture at home plus a machine at work to use.
He sent through some pics of it this arvo, and it looks really good.

Apparently the whole thing is pretty straight, with in 1mm! Sweet.



Also hes facing off the 2 tubes that the chain stays and the seat stays braze onto at 114.20mm. And the main pivot tube itself to the right length (112mm) and boring the bearing seats out to 28mm. I don't have a lathe (yet ;-D ) so I have to get someone who has access to one to do the work for me.
Talking about those two tubes, Rich turned and threaded some little inserts at work for me and I silver brazed them in to the tubes last week they came up good to. Its funny working with silver and not brass, I guess that it got right the way through the joint, it flows pretty good so am pretty confident that it did work.
Now I just have to fiqure away to set the rear triangle up to get it tacked?!Will keep you posted, Rossco.

No comments:

 

avandia